How Internet of Things is Transforming Fleet Management
The Internet of Things (IoT) is present. It is driving new innovations every day to improve and promote better business efficiency. All industries are now seeking to harness more power through the use of internet connected products and assets within fleet management business, in the hope that competitive advantage is maintained. Now, delivery-based business is now learning of the need to seek better financial success and surpass its competitors through the use of new IoT fleet management technologies. No matter the size of the company, affordable solutions are being found that best suits the operations of a particular fleeting company.
So, what is IoT doing right now for Fleet Management?
Fleet management solutions connected to the internet mean businesses are now opening themselves to business efficiency opportunities. Fleet operations such as driver performance, vehicle maintenance and route management are imperative tasks that are now being connected to Internet of Things’ technologies to deliver efficient services and data through connected applications.
Because of this technological drive with Internet of Things, fleet management solutions are benefitting for the following reasons:
- Preventative Maintenance Performance – Connected applications through IoT is delivering better visibility of insight and behaviours. Connected devices are now on hand to determine fleet performance. Preventative maintenance performance is essential for things such as monitoring reliability and being proactive to vehicle maintenance to take preventative approaches such as regular servicing, inspections and repairs. True preventative maintenance is being proactive, and data helps track the effectiveness of maintenance programs to improve upon success.
- Optimization of Cost – Budget control is important for fleet management. With IoT fleet management technologies, there is better visibility of how money is spent and to help identify further cost-saving measures.
- Better Fuel Efficiency – Driver behaviour affects the efficiency of fuel, yet a fleet manager wouldn’t know how. With Internet of Things, managers are now able to understand all actions of driver behaviour to determine how fuel is being consumed, such as acceleration and deceleration and speed consumption.
- Being Greener and Cleaner – Whilst tracking driver behaviour, IoT fleet management technologies help to track all driving activity to help reduce emission levels to help the environment. Fleet managers are always looking to reduce wear-and-tear and IoT fleet management solutions will deliver these results.
The advantage of adopting IoT technologies within fleet management solutions helps enhance supply chain and improve customer experience. Other advantage to fleet management technologies include:
- Overall management or optimizing costs of fleet technologies
- Real-time fleet visibility
- Improved customer experience and satisfaction
- Improving vehicle safety and safer driving abilities
- Reduce identification of fraud activity
- Long-term vehicle usage and life span
Fleet management companies are now embracing improved fleet management solutions through IoT devices to help improve efficient and streamlined processes improve the general customer experience. With a technologically connected future through IoT, fleets will be able to improve their stakeholder relations, internal processing and promote better intelligence. IoT is now being adopted by the major fleet companies around the world and many others are following suit due to the growth of opportunity IoT delivers.