How to Plan and Organize an Office or Move
One will agree that moving is always a stressful experience but moving a business is even more stressful. In this scenario you have to organize not only yourself but also other employees. It involves packaging and transferring documents, equipment, and furniture.
Finding a good mover, who will help you arrange everything properly, is very important. California is a lucky state in this respect. There are many professional orange county movers in California that will provide you with assistance from the very beginning to the final stage. Nevertheless, there is a list if things you need to do to arrange a smooth moving process.
Planning and Organizing
- Schedule the date. It is important to define a timeline when you are planning to move. Moving small businesses might take 3 months, and for big businesses this timeline might be extended up to 7 months. The time includes all stages from discussing moving with managers and employees and to actual process of moving the office. If you are responsible for a moving process, you should discuss all terms and requirements with the manager before start looking for a new office and a moving company.
- Find a new office. Finding a new office and agreeing all terms usually require time. Before you start moving, make sure that all terms are aligned and you are about to sign the contract. Otherwise you might end up in the process of moving but no place to move in.
- Hire a moving company. You will not be able to move the whole office without a mover. Find a reputable moving company and book it in advance. Do not go with the first company you find. Get at least several offers with price to select the best one. A reliable mover will come to your office to evaluate the scope of work. A moving company also takes responsibility for packing most of things and its safe transporting.
- Assign tasks. All employees have to be involved in the process to make it easier and quicker. One person cannot do everything and you might need some help, for instance, with finding new Internet provider. Ask manager’s department what is needed in their area to set priorities and assign tasks.
- Start packing early. If you are packing yourself, do it in advance. The majority of people underestimate the time needed to pack everything. Make a list of things you need first to move them first. There is no need to buy boxes as moving companies provide packaging materials, including boxes. Do not forget to sign boxes or mark them somehow. If you have a hundred of different boxes, you should mark them to make sure nothing has been lost during transporting.
- Give a way. If you are planning to buy a new office furniture, there is no point in taking the old once with you. Give away or sell all unneeded things.
With good preparation moving to a new office will be quick and easy. Do not hesitate to ask for help and get a fresh look at the process.