5 Main Aspects About Brand Merchandise
One thing is pretty much for certain – one can see branded merchandise at every nook and cranny regardless of the particular place you might be at currently. Why? For the simple reason that literally everyone possesses and wears them. Be it specials pens, diaries, booklets, vouchers, bags, caps, clothes or pretty much anything and everything else under the sun.
It could even be something unique that truly stand out making it a one-of-a-kind purchase of sorts. It could even be a part of a bunch of rare business promotional products intended only to be sold on that particular day of promotion or even special edition merchandise. In either case, the prospect is rather exciting to say the least. There are little to no limitations regarding the overall possibilities of what can be done and implemented.
If you happen to be a budding marketer and are yet to realise or learn the true value and importance of branded merchandise on the whole, here are a few things to ponder about regarding some of the main and interesting aspects of most branded merchandise that seem to elude the radar of most people out there :-
- Pens usually tend to be the most sold: Even though this is true in most cases and the fact is that as far as promotional lines are concerned they have always been the top seller, there is still a paradox to consider. And that is that they are supposedly kept for the shortest time with an average of only 5 months.
- The most unlikely products are the ones that are kept the longest: Although this might be hard for some of you to believe, studies and research have indeed proven it to be a fact. Some of the products include calendars, desk accessories, drinkware, bags and awards.
- The number of ad specialities owned is proportional to the level of income: This is also an interesting point to note – that the maximum number of ad specialities are owned by the people with high income levels.
- Most customers remember the advertiser: A survey found that that a whopping 87% people who happens to be the recipients of promotional products do remember the advertiser and in the case of outerwear, the figure was 97%.
- Half the customers felt more favourable towards the advertiser after receiving a product: Well 52% to be exact. Certain items that scored high on this list happened to be jackets, USB Drives and shirts.
Even after taking a rather cursory glance at this list, there are a few things that immediately stand out. One of the most important aspects is that you can even measure the cost per impression regarding every category of the product as well as take a good look at the unique selling aspects of each and every product as that in turn could lead you to chalk out a better and more effective business plan as well.
Basically once you decide which product (or kind of product) works for you after you thoroughly analyse your goals is exactly when you can answer the questions that need to be asked. Like “Is the primary goal to sway customers to do business with you?” or even “Are you mainly looking for the increased exposure of your logo/message at hand?” By asking these kind of specific targeted questions, you can truly delve into the deeper aspects of your entire marketing plan as a whole.