Best Colleges in the State of Texas
Students entering the university often look at well-known colleges in other states and countries such as Stanford in California, Princeton in Oxford in London, Harvard in and many more. Most senior high school students are not aware that some of several world-class colleges and universities are in the state of Texas. Here are some of the best colleges to attend in Texas:
- University of Texas-Austin – UT Austin is the largest university in the state of Texas. They have numerous courses and many opportunities for various extra-curricular activities. The University of Texas, Austin, also provides generous financial aid for lower-income students. UT Austin admission is competitive but not extremely difficult to get into. As a public university, UT Austin admissions are made accessible to students from all over the US.
- Rice University – Is a small university that is one of the most underrated in Texas. RU is renowned for its applied science courses and offers world-class science and engineering programs. Rice University is primarily a research-centered university. It is known for having a code of honor when giving out exams that allow students to take and answer all their exams from home.
- Trinity University – Trinity is in the city of San Antonio, Texas, the second-largest city in Texas after Austin. Trinity is known for its beautiful and scenic campus, located on top of a hill with an overlooking view. Trinity is rich in culture and heritage. It also offers a low cost of living for students.
- Southwestern University – Southwestern is one of the smaller universities in the state of Texas, but it does boast of a 200-year history, the oldest in the state. Southwestern has about 1500 students enrolled at a time and offers 40 major courses. The university is in Georgetown, a short drive away from the state’s capital of Austin.
- Texas A & M University – Texas A & M is well known for giving out generous full scholarships to deserving Texas families making less than 60k a year. Unlike other universities, they provide a no-loan scholarship, which means you will not be obliged to pay your tuition fee back to them after graduation. Texas A & M is also one of the largest universities in Texas with the most number of students.
- University of Dallas – The University of Dallas is a Christian university that accepts enrollees from all faiths and religions. The school is perfect for students who wish to study in a college with conservative views. They also have their own rail system so that students without a car need not worry about going around the campus. The University of Dallas is also very well known for its master’s programs. It has as many graduate students as it does undergraduate students.
The state of Texas has several world-class colleges to choose from ranging from public universities to Catholic ones. Whether you are a Texas resident or someone out-of-state, there is sure to be a college that is suited for you.