How to Renovate Wood Windows
Nowadays, wood windows restoration services become more and more relevant and interest a lot of people. And it’s not surprising since the beautiful window is the highlight of each apartment, house or the office. Qualitative and professional window restoration can truly renovate and change the look of the whole room making it special and incredibly cozy.
Tips for choosing the best companies for window renovation
The obvious reasons for installing wood windows are their durability, functionality and aesthetic. Wood is eight times warmer than plastic. Window frames made of wood harmonize perfectly with the furniture, doors, parquet as well as look prestigious and elegant. However, in the course of time, such window frames lose their original appearance and need to be renovated, winterized or reconstructed. Windows restoration also has to be done to a rotten wood window which needs to be inspected by the experts. If the reparation is inevitable, then it’s worth turning for professional help.
Looking for the right company, it’s worth paying attention to such aspects:
- how long the company is on the market, its reputation, rating, and reviews;
- whether the company can send a specialist who will inspect the level of damage for free;
- whether the company has a competitive tariff on the market in the ratio of price and quality;
- whether there is twenty four-seven support that is able to respond to any question and solve any problem if necessary.
Windows reparation and restoration is a complicated and time-consuming process which has to be done by real experts. A professional company should not only make qualitative reparation but also assure maximum comfort to the customer.
Pros of choosing wood windows
Wood is eco-friendly natural material. Throughout centuries, it has been used as one of the basic construction material. Modern technologies allow producing qualitative wood windows. In order window frame to remain in its original appearance, it has to be manufactured with the help of special technique protecting it from humidity, mold, mildew, and pests.
A qualitative wood window has a long period of service. Regardless of the fact that modern wood windows are more expensive than plastic ones, they have a great number of advantages:
- such windows beautify the area bringing the notes of warmness and coziness;
- they have higher strength properties in comparison with plastic ones;
- wood windows are safe and eco-friendly;
- there is an opportunity of controlling humidity;
- they have a great sound isolation;
- the dust doesn’t settle on wood frame as much as on plastic one;
- the frame can be repaired or reconstructed.
Conscientious wood window manufacturers varnish each frame individually taking into account wood species; varnishing is always held strictly according to all the necessary techniques.