Helpful tips for choosing a gaming chair
Gaming chairs are a fun and healthier choice compared to your standard couch or office chair. When choosing a gaming chair, gaming enthusiasts mostly focus on budget and personal style. While the two might help you to arrive at a decision on which chair to by, there are more features that you should consider to get the best ergonomic gaming chair.
A good gaming chair should be the key to ultimate comfort. This means that features like proper lateral support and weight distribution for gaming enthusiasts who spend hours on their chairs are essential. What are some of the features that you will find in ergonomic gaming chairs on the market?
Features and options of gaming chairs
Adjustable settings: Most PC gaming chairs have adjustable backrests and armrests to allow you to change your posture or even take a nap when gaming.
- AFM technology: some gaming chairs (mostly rocker and pedestal style chairs) come with built-in speakers and sub-woofers that employ AFM technology. This technology utilizes the hollow space inside the chair and its frame to amplify and vibrate, enhancing multisensory entertainment value.
- Size: different gaming chairs are made to hold different body frames and sizes. Hence, whether you are tall, slim, short, light, or heavy, there is a gaming chair that suits you perfectly. Most standard gaming chairs can support 5-6 feet tall individuals weighing up to 200 pounds. Big and tall gaming chairs such as the akracing gaming chair will support up to 400 pounds.
- Cup holders and side pockets: some gaming chairs have storage compartments and cup-holders to hold your drinks, so you do not have to get up every time you need a bite.
- Massage and heating pads: some manufacturers include these two features in their gaming chairs to relax your backs during long gaming sessions.
- Wireless transmitters and receivers: Bluetooth capacity on some gaming chairs helps gamers to connect to various video and audio players.
- Top quality pillows, cushions, and padding: these help to improve comfort and enhance blood circulation during long gaming sessions.
- Vibration motors: these improve one’s gaming experience significantly. They sync to the output bass frequencies and vibrate your chair once sounds like gunfire, explosions, and crashes are produced in the game audio.
All these features can be overwhelming when choosing a gaming chair. Most chairs have a combination of these features but finding one with all these features is hard. How do you decide which features to pick and which ones to leave out?
Factors to consider when buying a gaming chair
Comfort is a very significant feature as it translates directly to your performance. Therefore, it should be a top priority for every gamer. The last thing you want to do is to leave your game with a stiff neck or a backache or to feel your legs going numb a few hours into your game. Look for a gaming chair with firm pillows and cushions that are not overly stiff to guarantee utmost comfort. Also, look for one that is adjustable, supports your height and weight, and allows you to move around with minimum strain.
Quality and durability
Ultimately, your gaming chair will age and stop functioning as well as it did. But before then, it ought to have given you value for your money. Look for a gaming chair that is made from durable, high-quality material that will last several years. Ensure that you read the manufacturer’s guide to understand what every part of the chair is made of. This way, you will avoid buying a chair with high-quality covers but low-quality metal.
A gaming chair that is not compatible with your gaming system will do you no good. Check whether a chair works with your gaming system before purchasing it. If you have a variety of gaming systems, look for a chair that is compatible with all or most of them. Fortunately, manufacturers nowadays are designing their gaming chairs to work with a variety of systems at once such as Xbox One, PC, PlayStation, and many others.
The gaming chair that you choose to buy should give you value for money. Thus, you need to ensure that you pay for only what you need. For instance, if you have a massage chair at home, you do not need a gaming chair with the massage feature. Instead, should capitalize on a chair with other features that you might lack at home such as a good sound system.
Finally, do not forget to put into consideration the size of your gaming area when buying a chair. If you are pressed for space, check the size of the chair to ensure that it is not too large. Also, you can buy a chair that folds if your gaming office is in the living room or if it doubles up as space for other activities such as yoga.
The gaming chair market is expansive, which calls for utmost caution when deciding which manufacturer to buy from. Make sure you check buyer rating to avoid purchasing a low-quality chair. Also, do not forget to compare the features of several chairs before settling on one. Whether you are a casual or hardcore gamer, and ergonomic gaming chair will improve your gaming experience and make it more enjoyable.