Losing a standard lighter nowadays is very easy. People do not observe the same boundaries with a lighter as they do other things you own.
People take lighters that are not theirs and claim that it belongs to them almost every day. To make it worse, you may be a little buzzed meaning that you will not keep track of such a small thing as a lighter.
So you make those trips to the local store to get a new lighter every week. Now you are starting to feel the financial pinch plus the trips are annoying.
This does not have to be you. You can customize your lighter in a way that will make it unmistakably yours. The best part is that you do not need to have any design knowledge or learn any design techniques online; you have to follow easy instructions.
Here are the top 10 steps you can use to customize Bic lighters:
Before you begin, there are several items that you will need. These are glue, scissors, beads or rhinestones, a small paintbrush and, printing paper.
- Step 1 – Choose the image you want on your lighter. It can be a person, a cool design or even a great photo that you took. Insert it in Microsoft Word and resize the image so that it fits around the lighter.
- Step 2 – Print the material on the A4 size paper.
- Step 3 – Use your scissors to remove the white space on the paper. Cut the paper until you are left with only the image that you want. Check if the paper will be able to wrap the glass part of the lighter without overlapping. Adjust if the paper is too big.
- Step 4 – Remove any labels on the glass of the lighter. You want your working area as clean as possible.
- Step 5 – Take out your glue. The E6000 glue is most recommended because it is exceptionally adhesive to glass materials. Apply the glue to the glass part of the lighter.
- Step 6 – Use the small paintbrush to distribute the glue around the glass of the lighter evenly.
- Step 7 – Take out your paper with the design you want on your lighter. Carefully wrap it around the lighter such that the image is on the part of the glass with more surface area.
- Step 8 – Use your small paintbrush to make sure that the ends of the printed paper have stuck firmly around the glass.
- Step 9 – Apply glue on the top most of the design paper. Apply on both sides then carefully place the beads or rhinestones. They should easily stick to the paper. Most people use beads or rhinestones to create the first letter of their first name. You can also do the same.
- Step 10 – Let the materials dry out. Once everything is dry, you have yourself a customized lighter!
There are many ways that you customize your lighter. Do not limit yourself to beads, rhinestones and printed paper. You could also use stickers, woven fabric, embroidery or, glitter. You have the choice to go as bold as you wish!